A big delivery of BigMrTong Rogue Trader inspired models arrived the other day (as if I need more distractions)...
The first on the painitng desk is this 8 Ball Jack. Clearly inspired by the (at one time) elusive model in the Rogue Trader rule book (now available via Wargames Foundry) - BigMrTong has a number of varients of this model in different poses, a number of which are sat on the painting desk currently.
A bit of text has been added on the shoulders to break up the colour (it is VERY green otherwise). I did think about going for a different base colour for a while, as arguably a bit of contrast would help, but given my collection of 40k Oldhammer is on green bases I figured I would just stick with that.
This fellow is one of 20, so expect his friends to appear at some point in the future. This fellow was really fun to paint, so hopefully I will blast through the rest of his squadmates quickly (though it may depend a bit on the incoming hot weather as to how much painting I get done this week!) The intention is to use these for Rogue Trader games, but they may also appear as goons to hang out with Inquisitorial forces or otherwise in the odd 2nd edition game as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment